Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Pizza: Mamma Mia

I decided to try my luck at pizza. I have heard of people putting apples on pizza before; however, it made me a little bit wary. I decided to experiment, but instead of using fresh apples, I decided to use apple chips. When apple chips are baked again, it allows the moisture seep back in, making them soft and delicious. So I started with a basic simple pizza dough, and then I rolled it out and layered it with fresh Mozzarella. The next layer was apple chips, followed by goat cheese and walnuts.  

I baked it in the oven for about 13 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit. It came out perfectly golden with  the cheeses oozing and the apple chips soft. I added some rosemary leaves as a garnish and it was smelling heavenly! 

I waited a couple of minutes to let it cool, but I was super curious how it was going to taste. So I sliced a piece and bit in. It was absolutely phenomenal. It had a pleasant sweet taste because of the apple chips, with a creamy cheese and complementary flavors. All the pieces came together to make a great combination of pizza heaven. I encourage everybody to try this one.  




No comments:

Post a Comment